The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

12/28/2007

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2008, just not on New Years Eve

Christmas has come and gone, and I find myself thinking that this has been the best Christmas I have ever had. I actually recived all the things I truly wanted for Christmas. I had a great day with my wife, that I didn't have to share with anybody. I had a "family drama free day," by phone, because...well...that's what kept it drama free. Which for the record is very few and far between.


You see I love my mom (Queen Mother of the Dramatic) for one simple reason. She brought me into this world. That's it. No other reason. But for the last year, I've seen her turn into the ugliest person I have ever known.

I was talking to a friend the other day, and I said "You know what, Mom has turned into that person who will do and say whatever it takes to get you to do whatever she wants, and if you don't do that, she makes it seem like it's all your fault."


The worst part is, that my friend said "Oh my god, I am so glad you said that because I've seen it too. Then she lay's this guilt trip on you and then she gives you the silent treatment."


I said, "Oh man, so it's not just me? Thank God. I thought I was turning into that son who just grows apart from his mom."


He said "Nope, she's like that to everyone now."


Now this woman has become the exact type of person that I despise.


What makes matters worse is now she wants Season and I to spend New Years Eve with her.
I hate being in this position, because honestly, I'd rather be drawn and quartered than to have to endure a situation like that.


I hate the "woe is me" holiday cheer (umm...use a lot of sarcasm on the "cheer" part) because I've been there so many times. Both for her and my own ocean of self pity. I hated myself for swimming that particular body of water, and I hate the fact that I'll have to swim in someone else's pity pool.


I guess I'll just deal with this the same way I have been dealing with her for the last year. To quote Garth Brooks


"I'm gonna smile my best smile
And I'm gonna laugh like it's going out of style
Look into her eyes and pray that she don't see"


That I'm hating this moment.

No comments: