The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

5/18/2007

IRONY COMES IN HANDY SOMETIMES

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead."
Gene Fowler
March 8 1890-July 2 1960
American journalist, author and dramatist


I have been sitting here for 3 days in a row (no, not 72 hours in a row, but you know what I mean) with no idea what to write. I have "back ups" so it really isn't that big of a deal, except to me. So because of my dilemma, I decided to look up quotes on writers block. It made sense to me. Then all of a sudden while reading these quotes it occurred to me, why not write on writers block itself? I figure I tell you guys just about everything else that goes on, why not this?

I truly and deeply hate having writer's block (even though some of you may not think I'm much of a writer, but hey that's what opinions are for). I hate it almost as much as I hate stupidity (my own included). I hate it almost as much as I hate liver (which is a lot, by the way). I can't stand the fact that I can talk about anything for hours (and sometimes make my thoughts coherent), but I can't spend a few minutes writing down some of those same ideas. It's a personality flaw, I know, and I'm working on it.

Three days now (well technically 2 1/2 but you get my point) I sat here. I read my on-line obligations. I played my favorite games, but when it came to putting up my "daily" post, well that was just kicking me in the ass (an ample yet very luscious ass I might add, Who knew?). I mean yesterday I spent almost 5 hours just redoing my "archive site" (yes I am so conceited and self assured, that people would want to read and re-read all of my bulls**t, that I collected it all in one place, what can I say...I can hope).

On a side note, I will be going back and "re-working them AKA fixing grammar and spelling errors. I mean when you're drunk or pissed off, it's pretty easy to screw up even the most basic of sentences. Which, by the way will be handled by my lovely and talented wife (who will be quite surprised to find out what she has been nominated to do...especially because she'll be finding out when she reads this).

So before I started writing I got the ol' media player kicking out some soothing and fun songs to make the writing go easier. I actually recommend to any and all prospective writers that music to write to is important, especially if it doesn't have lyrics (I'm not telling any professional writers what to do because well they apparently know what they are doing). If just the right song comes on, it's so easy to get into a rhythm. OK back to the topic...

So now that I have overcome this latest obstacle, I'm much happier than I was when I started. Which is a good thing. I like being happy. It's a pretty good feeling. I like it. It makes me feel and warm and fuzzy inside.

OH THAT'S COOL! I do my writing on my archive site, simply because it's the easiest to deal with when it comes to spelling, proof reading and uploading images (just one man's humble opinion) and I realized that it automatically saves as a "draft" every minute. Which means, I no longer lose everything next time one of my wife's little mongrels decides that an outlet with a plug in it, is a "batting toy."

Well what else is there...oh yeah. One of the members of The Estrogen Clan of the Northwoods was born today...many many many years ago. So to this member I wish you a happy birthday. No that's not right...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's better. OK...I'll see you all little bit later.

No comments: