The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

4/06/2007

SORRY...DUSTING OFF THE SOAP BOX

Usually I read something and I can do one of the following:

Learn from it
Laugh at it
Ignore it.

BUT, every once in a while I need to say something. Now a while back I would have named who did it and just light a flame so high god himself (herself for the feminists, goddess for the wiccans, Allah for the Muslims...you get the idea) wouldn't be able to fart without causing a little methane explosion. But I have since grown up a bit...mainly it takes too much energy to keep a flame war going and it's just not worth it.

So it comes down to this comment made

"If you weigh 300 lbs, you are not beautiful. You have serious issues that you need to fix."

Now as I usually state "I am not a smart man nor am I a wise man but...".

This is one of those moments.

Isn't beauty a fluid perception? One viewer sees an object while another sees art? Isn't beauty subjective to persons point of view? But to make a statement like that is an insult. I guess in a time when people take so much time to play judge and jury (including myself, but I am working on it...A LOT), we forget that there are real people with very real feelings and emotions that can be hurt by such comments. I know I am at fault for my own snap judgements but they usually stay inside my head, where there is a little Jose who starts to point out my own flaws.

This just upsets me. There is no such thing as a perfect person. That's one of those things that makes this such a wonderful world. We are this huge patchwork quilt of fuckedupness that creates a world filled with color, flavor, awe and wonder. It's the one thing we all have in common. We are all, so totally and completely fucked up in our own way. No one is perfect. We are all flawed creations. It really is a good thing. If we were perfect there would be nothing to drive to better ourselves (and sadly for a lot of us, there still isn't anything to drive us to better ourselves).

This world already has people who spend time and energy tearing each other down (even within our respective communities) that we forget 2 simple facts. We all live on the same planet and that we will die on this planet (yes...I know the whole astronaut and space travel thing will change that someday...but not today).

So please next time think before making a blanket statement like that...because there may be someone who's talking about you the same way, and I still wouldn't like it or approve of it.

No comments: