The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

12/30/2005

Review of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Widescreen Edition)

Now let me start by saying I never did read these books. I dunno why. I just never have. After watching the movie, I probably never will. That's ok though. I live with someone who has, and if I have any questions, I just ask her. So let's get on with the review.
This movie was silly. It had funny moments. It has it's share of momenst of hilarity. But it's also dumb. But, for some reason that in itself is also kind of funny. The visuals were stunning. The shining moment is when they hit the "Planet Showroom" aka a warehouse of terraforming delight. In simple words they make planets. They design the land, sky, air, flora, the oceans and people and animals. Of course some of the gags do get old. But it is a comedy. In the end it does its job. It entertains you. Now Season said, "it was quite faithful to the book, although it didn't cover everything." Now for me, that's a good thing. Who wants to see a movie that is a word for word retelling of a book. I had the Read-Along records and tapes as a kid, and I personally don't want to have one as a movie I will pay $15-20 to see in a theater, and personally all the so and so said's would get annoying, but that's just me. All in all, I was entertained. Mostly by Marvin (who was voiced by Alan Rickman and played by Warwick Davis) as the manic depressed, completely ignored and forgotten robot who verily enough, saves the day.
so on this Friday, I remain

Jose

from Earth...

Mostly Harmless.

No comments: