The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

5/16/2005

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

You know my faithful and faithless, it seems whenever Superman seens to creep in my thoughts, I seem to drift back to more innocent days. When all flying took was to tie a towel around your neck, make the "whoooooosh" sound, jump up like you're taking off and that sort of false jump to pretend you just landed. When standing with your hands balled into fists pressed against your hips was all you needed to do deflect bullets. When "this is a job for Superman" was your battlecry to protect the innocent. The days of simple thoughts and ideas. Those days when waking up on Saturday mornings to catch him on the "Super Friends" was the pinnacle of happiness. Yeah, I miss those days alot. Recently I have found that the real world sucks worse than a partner with chipped and missing teeth. I realize that not everything is fixed with "truth justice and the American way". I am starting to see that the world is where "CRIMINALS ARE A COWARDLY AND SUPERSTITIOUS LOT, SO MYDISGUISE MUST BE ABLE TO STRIKE TERROR INTO THEIR HEARTS. I MUST BE A CREATURE OF THE NIGHT, BLACK, TERRIBLE" kind of place. You see I have really lost a lot of faith in the human race. It is a sad and very real forthcoming, that the demise of the human ideal will be, sad as it is to say, at the hands of man. And no I don't mean "man" as a gender but as whole. You see when I went to work today this blog started writing itself in my mind. Man builds just to tear down again. Than I started thinking about all of the things we as a race have done. We created. We destroy. We love. Only to love to hate. Yeah I know...as usual I am being very melodramatic, as is my nature, but I rarely ever hear about those things that used to inspire me as a child. Instead I hear about the horrors and fears that make my soul scream. Terrorism and crime. Abuse and abandonment. Neglect. Murder. Rape. All the things that strip away innocence. All the things that make children grow up, and become adults before they are ready. All the things that push you run in the "real world" when you still are not able to walk yet. Yeah I guess I still long for the days of "Super Friends" and hope for the world. Now I just long for some good news every once in a while.

I guess I remain Jose

...ending on a downer and looking for that red towel to tie around my neck, trying to catch those days gone by...

No comments: