The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

10/08/2004

IT SEEMS LIKE I'M ON A THEME ALL OF A SUDDEN

I've been re-reading my Transmetropolitan comics over the last few days. It seems to me that there is just enough hatered and bitterness in these comics to inspire me to write a lot. If you couldn't tell. Well to give you a bare bones idea of what this is...
this was of course affectionaly stolen and linked back to the http://www.sequart.com/transmet.htm where you can gett a better idea of who and what I'm talking about
Transmetropolitan is about Spider Jerusalem, a crazy, chain-smoking, drug-taking, in-your-face guerilla journalist who should be an inspiration to you all.At the time Transmetropolitan was launched, in mid-1997, it was one of a small number of ongoing series published by DC Comics under its Helix imprint, which published science fiction comic books. Most of them sold rather poorly, but Transmetropolitan unexpectedly sold well and quickly garnered critical attention. A trade paperback of the first three sold-out issues was quickly published. At the time, writer Warren Ellis was barely known. During Transmetropolitan's first year, the entire Helix line, which also included various limited series, was cancelled. As leader of the pack, Transmet (as it is affectionately known) alone would survive -- moved to DC Comics' successful Vertigo imprint.The series would continue for four more years, with Warren Ellis announcing that it would be drawing to a close with issue #60. While Warren Ellis was writing it, he suddenly became a hot writer with the success, in 1999, of both The Authority and Planetary. This success never really rubbed off on Transmetropolitan, though Spider Jerusalem was seen as emblematic of Ellis and the title as Ellis's staple, especially after he left The Authority and Planetary's schedule became erratic. The real success of Transmetropolitan, like so many of Vertigo's books, was in its trade paperback program. Collections of Transmet sold fairly well, though the title itself did not and the collections lagged significantly behind the issues they collected.Transmetropolitan came to a close after sixty issues and two specials, almost all of the work illustrated by Darick Robertson, whose style seemed to become sloppier as the series progressed, inked mostly by Rodney Ramos. The legacy of Transmet continues in its collections and in the occasional specials that Ellis has talked about writing at some future point
again this was affectionally borrowed from http://www.sequart.com/transmet.htm
and above all else Spider come's at you with nothing but the truth, and a lot of hostility. Well he is an angry and spiteful person anyway, but he's forced to do something that he gave up on. He stopped writing in the city because he couldn't get to the truth anymore. He gave up because he couldn't find the truth anymore. The truth. So needless to say I have been re-reading this series, and lo and behold, guess what I found? I found that little bit of spark that has inspired me to write even more. I will continue to keep you all updated on the greatness that is my relationship w/ WG, which is going awesome I might add. I still get that "feeling when you wake up on Christmas morning", the anticipatory excitement when I am driving up to see her, followed by the "Yay it's time to open the presents!!!!" feeling when I do see her. So just in case you were wondering, yeah, things are going pretty good there. But, and thats why the original name to this little blog was "I Hate It Here...sometimes" because I do. Now with the election bullshit and reading this comic, it seems that a fire was lit under my sun denied fat ass, and low and behold, the emotions come a flooding out. I guess this is kind of a warning, when I do update my blog, there will be many a things on here all at once. I may go a day or two without typing something but believe you me, I will make up for it. So with that being said...
I remain just
Jose

No comments: