The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

12/06/2007

BITTER COLD MEMORIES

Winter has finally hit us here in SE Wisconsin.  Which is ironic because it snowed over the weekend and I still hadn't considered it "winter".  I guess, when you let your car warming up for 15 minutes and you still have to scrape the windows...winters finally here.  Well sadly as I am doing this, a wonderful little memory came to mind.  It was an act of sheer stupidity on all parties involved, but we lived to tell the tale.

So let's set the way back machine

say roughly 11-12 years ago.  I along with my friend Mike were frequent consumers of the devils brew at a bar called Sporties.  At that drinkery, we became friends with a guy named Elwood, whom everybody called "Red Dog." 

(mainly because that was his beer of choice).  From this point Red Dog will be referred to as RD.

On this particular chilly evening I in my infinate wisdom decided to go all "Urban Cowboy

(which in hindsight...well let me finish this story)

So here I am in my "cowboy" outfit sans cowboy hat but sadly yes there was the big "cowboy" belt buckle

at a sports bar.  I know the intelligence is just oozing aint it?

So RD has this great idea.  Let's leave the sports bar and go to a "night club!"

Both Mike and I heartily agree.  The fact that we've been there for a couple of hours, never tainted that thought.

Red Dog even offers to drive.

Now I have to paint this picture so that everybody knows what's going on.  Mike is dressed in his usual ensamble.  Black t-shirt, black jeans and combat boots.  RD is apparelled in his usual white button down shirt (unbuttoned) black Red Dog t-shirt and blue jeans.  Then there's me...

Also I have failed to mention that RD was already at the bar by the time Mike and I arrived.

So these  3 Amigo's

head out to RD's car.

A red convertible.

Which, yes, it did have enough space for the three of us.

So we head out of Waukesha and head for Milwaukee, which is not that long of a drive...but it is long enough.  we end up driving to some club called ESO.  This is the club RD wanted to go to.

Now I am not a fan of the dance club...this is something that my fuzzy memory started to remember.

So we get there and RD pays the cover..."Oh it's the least I can do...you guys came here with me."  Than proceeds to buy us the first 4-5 rounds..."Oh it's the least i can do...you guys came here with me."

Well...the club was jumping...especially if you were in the goth/pop vein of life.

Mike and RD...of course fit in pretty good.  Than there's me...

Now of course the punkers and goth kids are looking at yours truly with that "Look at THAT guy...what the hell is he thinking?" look.  Oblivious to the fact that those same thoughts are coursing through muddled mind.  Than sadly out my wide open mouth.  After about an hour there Mike and RD get bored.  While I am still checking out the punkers and goth girls.

So we leave.

We hit some other bar...but nothing happened there.

Well by now, it's after bar close, so we all unanimously decide we are hungry.  So we all decide to head to our usual after bar hangout.  A mexican restaurant that is open 24/7.

We're about 30 minutes away from our destination, when RD has yet another brainstorm.

Let's pull over...put the top down and go get food.

Both Mike and I heartily agree.  The fact that we've been drinking all night, never tainted that thought.

So here are 3 very drunk huys, driving in a convertible, with the top down, in the dead of winter, going from one county to another, to get food at a place that is 3-4 blocks away from downtown.

Other than some windburn from the arctic winds slapping our faces silly and some tummy issues from the mexican food/beer mixture (just for the record...if you have been drinking, please avoid mexican food...it'll knock you digestive track stupid).

Oh yeah...I ordered my food to go...and then proceeded to go back to the car and pass out.  Lucky for me, that Mike convinced RD to put the top on for me.  And that's where my story ends.

Well that's my stupid story for today...hope you enjoyed.

No comments: