The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

8/16/2007

A TALE OF TWO

Current mood: cheerful

Hola my friends and cohorts, today I will share two little tales with you all. One happened damn near a decade or so ago...the other about 5-6 years. They aren't anything more me being a witness to events. Neither affected me, or changed my beliefs, I just happened to think about them while at work today.

Tale 1. The Petty Girl

I had been hanging out with a couple of friends at a gaming store a former friend used to own. A couple had broken up and the girl was trying to make the boy jealous and sorry for breaking up with her. So she started dating this new kid. He was a pretty OK guy. Not the coolest kid on the block, but he was at least someone you could converse with. They seemed to have a connection, which is all one can really hope for. Well their relationship started near the summer. As he was a college boy, and summer was fast approaching, they knew that they would be apart for a little while. Neither seemed to keen on this idea, but they were taking it in stride. Now myself being of the out of sight out mind person back then, I had not forgot about the new beau, he just wasn't first on my things to remember. So the summer, does as all things are oft to do, it passes. The new college season is right around the corner, and new boy is seen walking down the sidewalk to the gaming store (yes at the time I hung out there a bit). Now at this time his "girlfriend" says these words "OH MY GOD! Who's that geek? I hope he's not coming here." To which we, The Crowd called Dumbfounded, all reply with "Uhh that's your boyfriend." To which her response was "oh." She than walked to meet him and broke up with him. Later that night as we we're hanging out still at the gaming store, we "inner circles" discussed this event. And all I could think was, "Wow, you are one petty girl."

Tale 2. Lords, Devils and Sluts

Harry Potter-mania was in full swing at Toys-r-Us, as was Britney Spears-a-palooza. I was doing a spot of X-mas shopping. I can't remember if it was for me or for someone else, but that is not the point of this little tale. Instead it's about other shoppers, and their gross ignorance. Like I said I was shopping (OK to be honest I don't shop at Toy-r-Us, I kind of play and hope I don't get kicked out...again) and I came across the Harry Potter section of the store. All your Potter-treasure ready for purchasing. From toys to school supplies to clothing and books. It truly was your one stop shop. As I was standing in awe of the WALL 'O POTTER, I heard the tell tale sound of any toy store. A little girl was asking if she could get the HARRY POTTER PENCIL BAG AND SOME HARRY POTTER FOLDERS. Her mother in absolute horror said
"NO, didn't I tell you they worship the devil in those books!"

I am stunned. I saw the movie...Nope no active satanism that I saw. I was about to say something.

Out of nowhere her son shows up, carrying Lord of the Rings stuff. The same as the little girl wanted, a pencil bag and some folders, which their mother promptly placed in the shopping cart.

I am even more stunned at this moment. I have actually forgotten the English language. I stand there mouth agape. Finally some cognitive abilities are regained, than I get the biggest surprise yet.

The mother grabbed some Britney Spears school supplies and said "OK now we got something you can use in school."

This waste of breath and flesh couldn't take it anymore. "OH for the love of god! You tell your daughter that she can't have Harry Potter stuff because they worship the devil? They don't, they use magic, like The Star Wars people use the force. By the way in Lord of the Rings they use magic too. No reference to god, just a lot of killing and dying. Now I can understand about your religious beliefs when it comes to that, but by all that's holy...have you listened to the words in her songs? Have you seen the way she dresses? Your worried about some FICTION affecting or influencing your children, but hey It's totally OK if it's a real person who's acting, dressing and singing about being a slut! Give me a break."

She of course told me to mind my own business, put the Britney stuff down, grabbed the Potter stuff and walked away. Her daughter as she was being pulled away, mouthed 'Thank you.'

Currently reading :
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3)
By J.K. Rowling
Release date: 01 February, 2000


No comments: