The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

4/27/2007

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"When I was born, I was so surprised I couldn't talk for a year and a half."

Gracie Allen July 26, 1895 – August 27, 1964
An American comedian who became internationally famous as the zany partner and comic foil of husband George Burns.


Well every once in a while I get some kind of news that makes me smile. This time it comes in the form of an e-mail...or a set of e-mails. One of the memebers of The Estrogen Clan of the Northwoods (my up until this moment mental name for "The Girls") aka my wife and her 6 best friends from grade school/high school, sent an e-mail out which was then forwarded to me. Well, after that similar stories started coming forth and I found it too funny not to post. So here you go...in order as to how I recieved them...

E-mail 1

So, I just wanted to let everyone know that according to Mac, after I told her to take a time out, she moved her little three year old body to the stairs and emphatically screamed

"You're ruining my life!"

(Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt? Did she say what I think she said?????)

I have no idea where that one came from...!!!!! Isn't it funny that this kid o' mine can't pronounce the word, "cat"- but....she can hollar out "You're ruining my life"?

I just thought this might make everyone's day....have a good one....

And...if you're as good a parent as I am...maybe YOU, TOO can ruin someone's life!!!!Ha!

FYI, after Dave came home....yadayada....Dave's ruined her life,too! (equal opportunity!)


E-mail 2

Our dinner conversation tonight was Grant asking about the middle finger. Aparently it was the topic of conversation in 1st grade today and what does each finger mean. I informed Grant that if the teacher called home about him using any of his fingers besides his thumb's up he would be in trouble.

I then had a conversation with another mom straight outof The Christmas Story movie about kids learning that word and she might want to talk to her kids too, but I was not surewhere it started.


E-Mail 3

I can also tell you its very disconcerting when you own 10 year old child refers to his testicles as "man berries"!
I promise you he did not learn that from me!!!!!:0)


E-Mail 4

Well, Ian turned 5 yesterday...he told me that his daycare provider is a "pain in the ass" (which she is) and that one ofhis friends parents was "being an idiot" (which she was)...

I agreed but told him not to say that about others; he agreed that now that he's 5 he won't say mean things about others, just ignore them and their dumb behavior (I couldn't argue with that)...

his vocab also consists of "inconceivable", "concern" (instead of worry), infamous (which he doesn't want to be...hewould rather be famous), "infuriating", "intoxicating" (his girlfriend, Emily, is this)...

argh!!!! I have got to stop readingto this child!!!!!! ha ha

Still, he does call his testicles his testicles, but there are a lot of other things that he definitely learned from me that could be ranked right up there with "man berries'!

Oh, we don't "ruin his life", but we "anger him" where he "just can't tolerate us" anymore. Ian did flip us off at a restaurant one night in front of our pastor and his family. We explained it was bad...

he learned it from an older boy at daycare...

always a joy!


E-mail 5

Thanks for the laughs, you crazy mommies!

Xavier is being silly, too. His favorite responses to requests from Mom & Dad that he is not wild about are as follows:

I don't think so.

I'm not quite ready.

I'm too busy.

And the last two - accompanied with his toy cell phone as a prop:

Please don't interrupt me, I'm on my cell phone.

Shhh! Be quiet - I'm on a business call.

Dad and Mom apparently are spending too much time on the cell phones.
whoops!

Thankfully, he hasn't learned any terms for the male anatomy except for the medical terms - I know that will be a coffee through the nose kind of funny when it happens!


and that my friends is what my wife shares with me on a daily basis. I am such a lucky man.

No comments: