The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

3/31/2007

THE ROAD TO HEAVEN or THE CORNER OF HOLLYWOOD AND DIVINE

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Indian Missionary and Founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity. Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979.
August 26, 1910 – September 5, 1997



It seems like I can't sleep anymore...well at least not on Friday nights. For the last couple of months, it doesn't matter what time I go to bed, because invariably, I wake up 2-3 hours later. On the plus side I have time to work on this "Lil waste of space" without it intruding with my time with Season, but the negative is that I'm not lying in bed with her.

I know I could just lay there, but eventually I'll end up waking her, and that's not fair to her. So I tread these moments alone.

Well, as I was sitting there watching
Iconoclasts, I had this strange moment of clarity. I don't get them often, and it's rarely ever about spirituality...until today.

I rarely touch upon spirituality in my entries, mainly because everyone opinions/ideals/beliefs differ, I always felt that I should never "force" mine upon anybody. Tonight that changes...sort of.

This is only a beginning, because I understand that beliefs and faith are very fluid. So I'm taking baby steps to make sure that what "I" believe doesn't get lost, especially to me. This is new ground upon which I traipse, and maybe one day I'll find that holy place within myself.

Let's start with the basics:

  • Yes I believe in God.
  • Yes I believe in heaven and hell.

I feel pretty certain that many of you will disagree with me, and I'm hoping that some of you will be cognizant that this is simply one man's mindset on a pretty touchy subject.

Firstly, I postulate that God loves every man, woman , and child no matter who or what they are. I accept this with every atom of my existence. I believe that God does not judge any of us at all. I believe that only man does that. I believe God has made us all to resemble each other in a physical way, but that's where it ends. We, as a whole, think , act, and react so differently from anyone else on this floating green/blue rock that we can either learn from each other or kill each other. I believe God made us all to be like this so that we could learn and grow as individuals and as a race. I believe he made us like this so that we could feed each others needs for love, knowledge, and understanding, while driving all of us into a forward movement that would lead us into the next evolution of man.

But that idea was lost somewhere, and I don't know when or how.

Some can argue that it began with the fall of Adam and Eve or the conflict between Cain and Abel. Some can argue that it never began and was in all of us from day one. I don't know the answer to this. I can't even begin to form a hypothesis nor do I want to.

What I do know is that man's time on this Earth is drawing near. In the news and media all the attention is on misery, fear, and death. When people are destroying each other verbally and physically over material items, invisible borders, and beliefs. When instead we should be existing as a community, as a family. We spend more time breaking and tearing each other down that we forget (or have forgotten) that

  • and now there doth remain faith, hope, love -- these three; and the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13.

I don't believe man role was to tame the world we live in, and most certainly it wasn't to oppress our brothers and sisters. Sure, the bible gives us rules to live by. It also gives us tidbits of information on the rise of man and faith. It even gives us examples of the rewards and the punishments that await us all. One thing we keep forgetting is that the greatest bit of information came from Jesus

  • Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Matt. 22:37-39

I don't know...it seems pretty simple to me.

I'll be coming back to this topic every once and a while. Like I said at the beginning, it's a journey, and all I've done so far is take the first step. So far, I really like the direction it's taking me.

No comments: