The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

6/27/2006

HE'S GONE COUNTRY

An amazing thing has happened in the last 2 years. I Jose being of rock'n'roll soul and glam band rythym, has accepted a new music into my life. Well ok that's not completely true. I always had a respect for country, until my stepdad (who at the time that was all he listened too) forced it down my rock'n'roll pallette. Needless to say I rebelled against the twang and hillbilly thang, like the colonies to England. Until I was 19-20 that is. Than this little Oklahoma boy started to hit it HUGE. Some may know him as Garth Brooks. Than all of a sudden I, of all people, started listening to some country. It was about 75% rock 15% orchestral and 10% country. Now 14-15 years later...it's about 80% country 10% rock and 10% everything else. So what happened? Well the glam stuff I was listening too, was all about having fun, partying, falling in love and heart aches. Well that's what country has always been about. Well my era of music simply stopped. Sure there are still a few of my Glam metal brethern still out there making the music, but I'm not the angry rebel without a clue I was back then. I still play a little Crue, Poison, Warrant, and Skid Row, but it doesn't speak about me anymore. I'm not the same kid I was. I'm an adult now...for better or worse, and country speaks to me as the man I am now. There's still music about having fun, partying, falling in love and heart aches. But there's also music about hopes, dreams and the future. Which is something I do look forward too.

No comments: