The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

5/18/2006

Review of Angels & Demons, Special Illustrated Edition

How to review a book that has such a tremendous followup? I know some of you have heard of a little book called the Da Vinci Code right? Well I haven't read it yet, but it is on my to do list. So as I am oft to do, I went back and read a less popular book before going out and reading a "Major worldwide bestseller". Now the ironic thing is that I finished a book called Thieves of Heaven, which takes place in Vatican City (with A LOT of information) to read another book that takes place in...? You you guesed it. The Vatican. This is one of those few occasions where another fiction book sets up a lot of history, so that when you read another fiction book, you have a base knowledge of it. So...let's get on with it...

I will say one of the fun things about Angels & Demons, is simply how much the author has going on at the same time. He juggles the story very well without getting the reader lost. He is also able to keep all the characters uniqe and distinct from each other. He heeps the story moving very well, while adding flashbacks to punctuate and explain events.


Sadly the only true flaw in this book, for me at least, is the simple fact that I didn't care for any of his characters. No emotional attachment, nothing. Kind of like watching a Keanu Reeves movie...you know a lot of flash, no substance. So if you want a decent story with some great plot twists, than read it...you might like it more than I did.

No comments: