The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

2/18/2006

HOMOGYNIST IS NOT A REAL WORD

Misogyny is an exaggerated aversion towards women. Compared with anti-woman sexism, misogyny is usually regarded as directed against women by some men, though women can also harbor misogynistic views. In feminist theory, misogyny is recognised as a political ideology similar to racism or anti-Semitism, existing to justify and reproduce the subordination of women by men. The etymology of misogyny comes from the Greek and means to hate (misein) woman (gyne).

The above was stolen with respect from http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Misogyny.
Well today I thought I was being very clever, when I asked Season, while shopping at WAL-MART

"If a misogynist hates women, does a homogynist, hate gay people or cows?"
See, I thought "wow I am so very clever", so being happy and smug, when we got home, I decided to look on the 'www' to see if it was a real word. It's not, but other people who are more clever than I, have used that word also, and plentifully. Now, again I used it as a funny little play on words, and I found people who actually use it. So being as anal retentive as I am, I looked up the definitions and the etymology. Low and behold, MUUUAAAH HAHAHAHAHA, I give you the results (see the first portion of this post). So than going to new levels of anal retentiveness, I looked up the word "homo" and I got this

A member of the genus Homo, which includes the extinct and extant species of humans

and

any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae [syn: man, human being, human]
So I guess technically a Homogynist would be homo=man genus=woman. It would be a man/woman. Umm...that's a good thing I believe. Unless you're gay than it would be a homohomo or a gynistgynist. Wow, I think I gynist wasted a lot of reading time with my retentivness.

So with that said, I remain a guy with way too much time to do crap like this named,

Jose

No comments: