The new easy to type home of all the crap I write.

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I WON'T BE UPDATING THIS BLOG SITE ANYMORE, IF YOU STILL WANT TO READ MY WASTE OF SPACE YOU WILL HAVE TO GO HERE

http://coacearchive.blogspot.com/

I'M CHANGING OVER EVERYTHING TO THAT SITE. AND THAT SITE WILL BE UPDATED DAILY.

SO ADJUST YOUR BOOKMARKS

JOSE

10/12/2004

HERO

It's an amazingly sad day when a hero dies. Not the spandex wearing, claws popping or cape wearing heroes, but their real life counterparts. Now where am I going with this? Well Since yesterday I've been in this weird little funk. Christopher Reeve has died. Superman has died. I know there is a difference between reality and fiction. I know this. I can watch a movie with Tobey Mcguire and say thats Toby and not say there's Spiderman. The truth is I can't say that about Christopher Reeve. As a matter of fact I compare the "other supermen" to his portrayl. He convinced a 6 year old kid that a klutz could be more than what people see. He convinced a 6 year old that anything was possible. He convinced a 6 year old that a man could fly. When I sit and watch Superman, I still feel awe and wonder at the first sighting of the costume. When he "flies" for the first time it is still breathtaking and this is before CGI and digital effects. I know he's been in other movies, and I know he's done a world of good for paralysis and stem cell research. I know he's directed movies and been in the theatre. But he'll always be be Superman to this 6 year old kid. Sure I'm a lot older now. Although the hero who fought for truth justice and the American way, who has shown all of us that it's not about the cape. It's all about the heart and the spirit...to fly. When I was 6 years old Superman convinced me that a man could fly. When I was 28 Christopher Reeve proved to me that a man could stand taller than ever before. I'm 32 and Christopher Reeve proved to me that he truly was a Superman standing taller, shining brighter and flying higher. This world has lost a good man NO we lost a, superman and for some reason it seems a little more empty than it was before. So I humbly remain...
just
Jose

No comments: